Stretch Your Performance with a “Mind to Win”
When you stretch toward a new level of performance, you focus on big goals.
But every time you set stretch goals, you’ll encounter 3 Tracks that could derail you from them:
- You head into unknown territory—chaos amplifies.
- Your beliefs, assumptions, and values are challenged by new situations.
- New goals expose perceived/real scarcity of money, knowledge, power, time.
Even though they’re an integral part of stretching, your brain is built to protect you from these 3 Tracks. Your “survival brain” views them as 3 Threats.
Just as you’re stretching toward your best performance, your survival brain kicks on with a different goal.
With a “mind to win,” you will prevail. But it helps to know your enemy.
When your survival brain is at its peak, even the most talented people experience head noise that can derail them:
- Your thoughts are swirling, racing. Decisions become unclear.
- You trash talk yourself in your head. Or you get hyper critical of others.
- You feel overwhelmed, distracted.
- Your confidence wanes.
If the noise in your head gets loud, you may have amazing talent, but you’re not bringing it. Your mind can actually work against your own goals.
WHY would this happen to you?
- Biology. When the pressure gets intense, the most primitive part of your brain sets off an alarm to “protect” you from perceived danger, even though you don’t need it. You’re wired this way. The “noise” in your head is the brain’s alarm trying to steer you safely off the 3 Tracks that it perceives as threats.
- Habit. Early in life, you learned ways to gain power or stay safe when you were the underdog or felt threatened. If they worked, you kept doing them. Even if they don’t work, today, they became neurological grooves, aka, learned habits.
- Social norms. As the old saying goes, “We become the company we keep.” Without great effort, we all slowly conform to social norms of head noise, and our noise becomes normal. Being the one with a quiet and clear mind would make you the weirdo outcast. Strange, right?
100% of the population deals with these challenges. Less than 1% of the population has developed the “mind to win” to override them.
What’s a Mind to Win?
When you’ve developed a Mind to Win
- You learn to override the biology. You perform at your best even as the chaos amplifies.
- You learn new habits. You know how to habitually bounce back quickly from challenges.
- You develop a new normal—Resilience and Clarity becomes the norm based on your leadership.
- You have a strategy andtraining plan to keep growing resilience, clarity and confidence.
- You build momentumthat carries you through big challenges that used to stop you.
- You win. Bigger and more often.
The Mind to Win Program
Mind to Win is a two-day intensive program developed by me, David Martin. For 20 years, I’ve guided thousands of senior executives through their most difficult business and leadership challenges.
While the businesses, the people, and the challenges were all different, I kept seeing common elements and milestones that ran across all of them. I supplemented my own experience with years of study and research to establish simple maps and frameworks to help you understand exactly what is happening to you and your people during times of stretching and intensity.
With these maps and the corresponding tools to navigate them, my clients experienced immediate breakthroughs, greater impact, and much more ease and satisfaction in achieving them.
In order to share this with more leaders, I distilled these maps, frameworks, and tools into this two-day intensive program, so that you can start to apply them immediately.
Mind to Win gives you:
- Maps and frameworks that will give you x-ray vision into yourself and others.
- Processes to understand the exact mental habits that embolden you when you’re stretching—and to eliminate the ones that haunt you.
- Tools and practices to develop new, more powerful habits—and amplify the best ones.
- A practice strategy and to up-level your performance under high pressure and make it your new normal.
- A community of powerful colleagues who also have developed a Mind to Win.
- Results that make you proud – and get you noticed.
Is Mind to Win for you?
Mind to Win is most valuable for you if:
- You’re ready to make a leap in performance.
- You have a much bigger dream that you haven’t delivered yet
The solutions offered in Mind to Win are simple. But they are NOT easy.
Therefore, this may not be for you if:
- You’re not willing or able to do the work to apply these ideas. It takes effort to make these stick.
- You can’t commit at least five minutes a day to building the muscle memory of a Mind to Win.
Dates: May 3 & 4, 2017 (we stop at 3pm on May 4 so you can travel home that evening)
Location: Alexandria, VA
Fee: $2400 (includes lunch both days)
Mind to Win fast-start program: As soon as you enroll, within 48 hours you will receive the Mind to Win fast-start online program so you can start your transformation, immediately.
Satisfaction Guarantee: If don’t experience the results we promised, just show me you did the work, and I’ll immediately refund your money. If you won’t do the work, this isn’t your program.
What do you want to do?
- Do you have questions about whether Mind to Win is a fit for you and your team members?
Let’s talk. Email me to schedule a call.
- I want to:
Gain focus and clarity. Perform at my best under pressure.
Build positive momentum consistently to move me toward my vision and dreams.